Saturday, January 19, 2008

Land mine Museum Certificate Ceremony.





Where does the time go? It’s 3:53 and I can’t sleep. I’m watching a Japanese football program and the announcer is wearing a San Francisco 49er jersey. Maybe next year! Lol.
I’m the lone one here, Olivia left for home on Friday night and today is my last day before I march over the miles to a sleepy little town called Yreka!

Here is another quick recap of what our fantastic team accomplished!

*January 10th we proudly celebrated with Akira and family the celebration of his many years of sacrifice and hard work. None of this would have come to fruition with out the leadership and vision that Richard Fitoussi has brought forward. Thank you for allowing Project Enlighten be a part of the children’s lives and supporter of their future academic aspirations! We were humbled to be able to present school books to these inspiring children.
The day was filled with smiles, none brighter than Akira’s as he proudly accepted his plaque from the Honorable Sam Sotha adviser to Prime Minister Hun Sen and secretary general of Cambodian Mine Action and Victims Assistance Authority, we were able to have a nice conversation with the Honorable Mr. Sotha at the end of the ceremony.

*Matt, Riva, Olivia and I interviewed five prospective scholarship applicants from Build Bright University in Siem Reap. I had met with the Vice President of Student Affairs a week earlier in hopes of finding students who had met the entrance requirements but did not have the financial capability to attend college. We met with three wonderful young men and 2 fantastic young ladies. Their hope for the future was bright and they knew their place to make it a reality! We will keep you posted, as the PE team will have to make some tough decisions, as we will be offering two scholarships!

Sorry this a short one as I’m running late..much do to on my last day, you will be happy to know I have a 10-hour lay over in Bangkok tonight, so I promise to get you caught up!

No comments: