Sunday, December 9, 2007

Britney Spears in the streets of Angkor!



12/08/2007:

Much hard work was finally coming to forefront. Hard work by many on our TEAM was starting to show its fruit! It was an exciting time!

As the snow slowly kissed the top of Siskiyou Pass, my mind wandered to were I would land in 28 hours. Siem Reap and the Kingdom of Cambodia was my only wish. Much planning and anticipation has finally come to fruition. Before I answered a few emails in San Francisco airport I put on my new headphones and tuned out the world for a few minutes…………..
The last song to come out was my favorite band Marillion doing a live cover of Britney Spears “Toxic”. They smashed the original, I boarded my plane for Hong Kong, only to catch another to Bangkok and yet another to my second home in Siem Reap!

As I walked back to the center of town from my fantastic living arrangements (Thank you so much Ronnie!) I found myself humming the last song I had heard, yup it was Britney! I started laughing at my pathetic self, glad no one heard me!

Things are going fantastic, picked up a cell phone, bought some new clothes for the little son of my right hand man Sim Sao and planned some meetings with Togh the director of the wonderful The Voluntary Development Poverty Children’s School and to give him his much needed refurbished laptop! (thank you Kipp!)
Here are a few pictures..more later I promise..minus Britney!!

Peace and respect
Asad

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, please leave Brittany out. I love your messages. Please keep them coming. Love and peace to all over there. I really admire what you are doing.
Penny

Unknown said...

I hear you Penny, consider it filed and accounted for!
Respect
Asad